Below you will find some of the highlights from our February iPad meeting. We were so pleased to have Professor Elizabeth Berro and Professor Barry Morris as faculty presenters. They shared the many exciting ways in which they have used the iPad to enhance their courses. Chris Levy of ITS, presented the topic of Dropbox–iWorks integration.
Professor Berro’s experiences:
Professor Berro applied for a grant which allowed 20 of her students to receive iPads. The iPads are used to support interactive learning in the classroom.
Some of Professor Berro’s goals include :
- entirely eliminating PowerPoint presentations
- minimizing lecture time
- enhancing group activities
iPad Application in NUR 422:
- Epocrates: reference for drug interactions
- In-class application: research various drug interactions
- Board Game Tools: timer, scorecard, dice
- In-class application: used for in-class quizzes and exercises
Professor Berro collaborated with textbook editors to make the course textbooks available in ebook format.
- In-class application: Students easily flip through the ebooks to look at diagrams and other important information. Continue reading