To set up your Pace email account on your iPad, follow these instructions:
- Press the “Home” button to arrive at the iPad’s home screen.
- Tap the “Settings” app icon to enter iPad settings.
- Tap the “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” button to enter the “Mail” settings.
- Tap “Add Account” to add a new mail account to the iPad.
- Tap “Microsoft Exchange” to set up a new Exchange account.
- Enter in the following information for each of the fields:
- Press Next.
- You might get one or more messages:
- If you receive the message, “Cannot Verify Server Identity,” press Continue.
- If you receive the message, “Unable to Verify Certificate,” press Accept.
- You will see the previous screen appear with a new field labeled Server below Email.
- Students: Enter m.google.com into the Server field.
- Faculty/Staff: Enter email.pace.edu into the Server field.
- Press Next.
- You may receive the message, “Unable to Verify Certificate,” a second time. (This is normal.) If you get this message, press Accept.
|Description||give this email account a name|
You will now be asked what information you would like to synchronize between your iPad and Exchange.
- If you turn on Contacts or Calendars, then you will get a message that asks whether you would like to keep or delete the local data on your device.
- Press Keep to keep the existing contacts or calendar events on your device.
- Press Delete to permanently delete the contacts or calendar events on your device and replace them with the contacts or calendar events in Exchange.
- If you turned on Contacts, then you will get a message that warns you about duplicate entries.
- Press Keep to continue. Contacts with identical names will be merged into a unified view. Press Cancel to back out without making any changes.
- Press Save.