The RDP Lite app allows you to have remote access to your computer through wifi or the phones network. If you choose to use your iPhone, you can connect to a Windows computer and see files, programs and resources exactly as you would find it on your computer.
How to Set Up RDP Lite:
- Enter your computer name into the IP address section (Please note that if you are not on the Pace network you have to use the VPN first, and then enter your computer.) Click here to set up your VPN.
- Enter 3389 into the workstation port
Check to see that on the computer you want to connect to, the security settings are changed. To correct this go to:
- Control Panel
- Click System, then click remote settings
- Finally click on Remote desktop
- Then change your settings to allow access.
- Standard RDP protocol
- Patent license for the RDP protocol from Microsoft
- 8/16 bit color mode for faster screen updates
- Zoom and scroll as the Safari Browser
- Server screen size 600×800,1024×768 or 1280×1024
- Landscape mode
Please keep in mind that there are limitations to this application.
- Windows HOME edition cannot be used, as it does not include the RDP protocol.
- Support for Windows XP Professional and Vista/Windows 7.
- 40 bit encryption
- No sound support
- Supports 5 keyboard types: US, Danish, German QWERTZ, French AZERTY and UK
The cost for this app is FREE.